EXO’s Chanyeol gets chased down by sasaeng fans
He said that as soon as he landed in Shanghai, he was followed by about 20 cars.
These cars were driving recklessly, trying to cut him off and block him. These drivers almost caused a lot of accidents and they completely blocked the roads.
There were huge traffic jams because of all these crazy sasaeng fans who wanted to stop Chanyeol for whatever reason.
I really can’t comprehend what they were trying to do. Like do they think that Chanyeol would immediately fall in love with them because they’re endangering not only his life, but the lives of everyone around them?
Chanyeol stated that,
“I personally like China, and during my schedules in Shanghai I was able to meet a lot of people, which made me happy, but dangerous situations like this aren’t right.”
I can’t understand why these sasaengs are so crazy and how they can even afford to go to the lengths that they go to.
I guess we can all be happy that no one got hurt, but we hope that these sasaeng fans back off in the future.
“I am writing this because I experienced a very dangerous situation while I was in Shanghai. After thinking about the situation several times, I have decided to write this message.After I landed in Shanghai, I left the airport and entered the city. As I did so, about twenty cars followed me, completely blocking the road. They changed lanes in order to block our car and nearly caused accidents on several occasions.There were a lot of cars parked on the road that we drove on, and the people following our car were interfering with street passage. I personally like China, and during my schedules in Shanghai I was able to meet a lot of people, which made me happy. But dangerous situations like this aren’t right.From now on, I wish that fans won’t affect others and support us in a way that will guarantee safety.”
Here are netizen’s comments on EXO Chanyeol’s post, translated by NetizenBuzz:
1. [+3,586, -62] 20 cars, that certainly warrants a warning
2. [+2,785, -60] Sasaengs aren’t even fans…
3. [+2,075, -49] I don’t even know why sasaengs live
4. [+204, -5] Sasaengs should use that money to buy their oppas albums, that’s probably more helpful
5. [+176, -15] Must be hard for them. Hate the fans, don’t hate EXO.
6. [+161, -8] For a member to publicly write something like this means it must’ve been really bad. Sasaengs really aren’t fans at all.
7. [+155, -12] Korean sasaengs are nothing compared to Chinese sasaengs ㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+128, -5] EXO sasaengs really go too far… actually, SM sasaengs in general ㅠ TVXQ, Shinhwa, Super Junior, and now EXO… SM really needs to hire more body guards
9. [+102, -0] I really do feel bad for them. TVXQ too. I’m surprised none of them have mental issues stemming from this yet.
10. [+110, -10] Chanyeol normally doesn’t say things like this.. it must’ve been really bad ㅜㅜ hope he finishes his filmings safely