With EXO’s comeback just being a month away, we thought that this would be a great time to create an easy tutorial on how to help EXO win the most awards from music shows.
Now these are universal rules and will apply to all (or at least almost all) music shows.
What’s great about these methods is that they will simultaneously help EXO win awards at the end-of-the-year award ceremonies too.
Now these aren’t ALL the ways you can help EXO win music awards (because methods vary from station to station), but these are by far the easiest ways.
No need to sign up for accounts or go through long lists of translations. These methods are easy to do for any English-speaking EXO-L.
1. Purchase physical albums
This is probably by far the easiest, yet most effective way to help EXO win awards. You can purchase EXO’s physical albums through YesAsia and all of the sales will count towards Hanteo’s charts. So purchase one album, or as many albums as you want and you’ll be helping the boys get much closer to winning 1st place at music shows. Plus, the more albums they sell, the more they’ll qualify for daesangs at the end of the year. And an even bigger plus, you’ll have a cool new physical album as well as a photobook for your EXO collection.
2. Helping them gain SNS points
Another easy way to help EXO increase their scores is to help them on SNS.
Actually, while you’re doing that, why not follow us on Facebook as well!
But that’s only part of your job. After you follow their official Facebooks, you have to like, share, and comment on their posts in order to help them rise on the SNS charts. This will literally just take you like 10 seconds. For your comments, all you have to do is type “I love you” or something…
Twitter is a bit different and it will vary depending on what the fandom wants to tweet. Last year, the fandom tweeted #엑소케이 (#EXOK) to support the boys, so this year it might be #엑소 or the name of EXO’s comeback track. Stay tuned and we’ll keep you updated when the fandom agrees on what to tweet. Follow us on Twitter as well!
Youtube! You can help raise the boys’ SNS scores by watching their official music videos for their comeback track via the SMTOWN YouTube channel! Now this one is a bit tricky, but not hard.
- All you have to do is open a private window and open the official music video in the window.
- Now you don’t have to actually watch the music video, but you cannot mute the video. Turn the volume really low if you want to, but don’t ever mute it.
- Always let the music video play completely through.
- After it’s done, close the window.
- Rinse and repeat the process.
Also with YouTube, you can help give the boys even more points by liking the video, commenting on them, and sharing it through other social media sites.
3. Using a free texting app to send SMS to music stations
Now this method will require you to download a free texting app on your phone. TextFree is usually the easiest app to use. Here are links to the Android and iPhone apps. Now you have to send the SMS texts during the live broadcast of the shows. Here are the numbers you need to text as well as what you need to text to them.
- Mnet M! Countdown (Thursdays at 6:00PM KST)
- +822566 or 00822566: You will text 엑소 to either one of those numbers during M! Countdown’s live broadcast. You can only text once per phone number.
- MBC Show! Music Core (Saturdays at 4:00PM KST)
- +820505 or 00820505: You will text 엑소 to either number during the live broadcast. Text as many times as you want.
- SBS’s Inkigayo (Sunday at 2:20PM KST)
- +821245 or 00821245: You will text 엑소 to either number during the live broadcast. You can only text once per number.
It’s such a simple process and you’ll be helping out so much. We’ll provide adjustments to this method when the end-of-the-year ceremonies come around.
And that’s it! These are super easy ways you can help EXO win music shows and even end-of-the-year awards! Now there are a ton of other ways you can help as well, although these methods require more work. If you’re super dedicated though, you can use these methods provided by DailyEXO.