NCT’s “The 7th Sense” ranks #44 on Melon its 1st day
NCT’s debut single has hit a bit of a slow start, ranking at #44 on MelOn’s music chart.
In comparison, Red Velvet’s debut single “Happiness” ranked #7 when it debuted.
Needless to say, netizens are using NCT’s “The 7th Sense” as ammunition to verbally attack the boys with.
They are particularly nasty towards Taeyong (of course).
Many are blaming the low sales numbers solely on Taeyong and his past, some saying that the song itself is good, but it’s being overshadowed by Taeyong’s scandals.
But I do love how some netizens chime in, saying that EXO also had a rocky debut, but looking at them now, they’re one of the top groups (if not the #1 group) in South Korea right now.
Let’s not be discouraged by NCT’s low debut sales, and lets look forward to where they will be going.
We have no doubt that they will be hitting it big in the future, as they accumulate more fans and as they do more promotions.
Check out the netizens’ comments below, translated by “Jo.”.
|2016.04.09 01:22 but EXO couldn’t even make it in the charts when they debuted, they directly got kicked out..and they’re doing pretty well now..you never know the future..ㅎ|2016.04.09 01:11 but you gotta acknowledge that song’s quality…but because of scam-yong.boiling boiling|2016.04.09 01:07 that’s all because of Taeyong why are you surprised?
|2016.04.09 10:16 the people who bought Taeyong’s apologies are freaking hilariousㅋㅋㅋㅋ don’t you know that all the articles about him reflecting might be false~ he has so many antis, and even towards his fans, when he’s trying to be all nice he can’t even deliver. He looks like he doesn’t even care about his members ㅋㅋ because of his scam thing, people will always pick at Taeyong ㅎ|2016.04.09 09:58 they debuted? That’s so random, there’s not even an article about them|2016.04.09 09:54 makes me think of EXO’s debut days1. [+465, -4] Scammer Taeyong
2. [+218, -53] EXO didn’t even make it on to the charts with their debut song, they fell off… and yet look at how well they’re doing. You never know with the future ㅎㅎ
3. [+139, -12] Their quality is amazing, I’ll admit that.. but that damn scammer
4. [+71, -0] I bet my wrist that in a year we’ll be seeing nothing but praise posts about this group
5. [+41, -2] It’s a group with Taeyong in it, what do you expect?
6. [+37, -7] EXO was practically NU’EST level of nugu before they released ‘Wolf’, I give NCT about two years before they get popular too
7. [+28, -2] Wait, they debuted already? So random, I don’t remember seeing any news about it
8. [+27, -3] Quick reminder of EXO’s debut, they didn’t do well either
9. [+23, -0] I’ll be honest I like Mark because he’s a good rapper and Jaehyun’s handsome but that damn scammer ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I’ll be fangirling the group without Taeyong. And it’s not just the scamming issue that he has to deal with, he also made a fat comment in the past too..
10. [+22, -4] I’m an SM fan myself but I won’t be supporting this group
11. [+18, -1] I know they’ll do well because they’re from SM but I’m hoping they’ll flop because of the scammer… Just think of all the nasty stuff he said when he was in junior high, you can already tell what kind of person he is.
12. [+11, -0] 44th… that’s lower than Oh My Girl