Rumors of Luhan leaving EXO go viral in China
So rumors are floating around that Luhan plans on leaving EXO.
The rumors all arose after it was revealed that Luhan won’t be attending SMTOWN’s Live World Tour in Tokyo today/tomorrow.
Another thing fueling this rumor is that one of Luhan’s biggest fansites shutdown without warning, which has a lot of people worried.
Here are what Chinese fans are saying about the situation, translated by ChickenFan:
- He still wants to terminate his contract with the CEO. He wants to pay the penalty fee of leaving rather than drag this issue to court. Perhaps Luhan is being too naive because the CEO will never let him go that easily. He’s still fighting for Luhan to come back with empty promises of changing his contract and also letting him participate in the SMTOWN World Tour in Beijing.
- It doesn’t matter what the CEO does. The end result will be the same. There is no way that Luhan is going to go back. At this point, him terminating his contract is a sure thing. Luhan just doesn’t want things to get ugly, so he would rather pay the penalty and get out. He’s rich.
- Luhan’s condition has been horrible lately, especially for these past few days. He’s been vomiting, his face is bloated, his eyes are swollen, he has excessive tearing, and he’s passing out. He hasn’t been able to eat any food for the past few days. The doctors also says he has migraines.
- Luhan gave the CEO until the 8th of October. If the CEO doesn’t address this issue publicly, Luhan will.
- Luhan’s mother has been by his side every day. She’s in pain seeing her son like this. With enough rest, Luhan is expected to make a recovery in two weeks.
- Luhan has a lot of connections. You’ll see next month.
Netizens responded to this situation saying:
- I had doubts about the rumors that Kris was going to leave EXO, but then he left. I’m worried about this situation.
- If this happens, SM is 100% done for. There is literally no possible way for them to stay if Luhan leaves.
- I don’t know anymore. Every time a rumor comes out and I say it can’t be true, it becomes true. If Luhan leaves, I will leave.
- He’s not attending the concert today. That S*$% tells me something. Really? He’s not going to the concert today? I’m beginning to believe this. He’s overworked. I never hear of other people in the entertainment industry fainting so much or getting migraines or being unable to sleep like EXO. It doesn’t happen and if it does, it doesn’t happen enough for me to hear about it.
Again, these are just rumors these fans are talking about and most of these are coming from “inside” sources or whatever. Here is the original Baidu thread.
But one unsettling thing is that Luhan’s official Baidu bar says that there will be an announcement made next week.
Luhan is really being overworked, and perhaps that would be enough to drive him to leave, but I don’t believe he would.
He loves the EXO members, especially Sehun and Xiumin.
I hope that all of these rumors are false, but we’ll have to wait until next week to see what happens.
If these rumors are true, then SM Entertainment will be in crisis mode, especially with Jessica, Sulli, and Kris already leaving.
What are your thoughts on these rumors?