SM releases statement about rumors of EXO’s Tao leaving
Chinese media outlets have been circulating rumors around saying that EXO’s Tao is going to be leaving the group soon, according to sources inside of Tao’s “entourage”.
This resulted in a whole bunch of fans freaking out and the rumors becoming the top searched results on Weibo.
In order to quash those rumors before fans get worried, SM Entertainment released an official statement saying all reports of Tao canceling his contract are unfounded.
Thankfully, Tao himself has assured fans that he won’t be leaving the group.
Bless his soul, I love Tao!
A fan wrote on his Instagram account asking him not to leave the group.
Tao replied with, “Yes I won’t, just believe in me.”
So take that Chinese media liars. They just got rebutted by the #1 source himself.
We’re glad that Tao step forward to help kill the rumors himself. We hope he rests well and recovers soon so he can rejoin EXO on the “Call Me Baby” stages.
Of course, you can’t have rumors of a Chinese idol member leaving without Netizens sharing their unwanted/xenophobic comments.
Here are what they’re saying, translated by NetizenBuzz:
Article: EXO, will an 8 member group become reality… Tao’s withdrawal rumors cause a stir
Source: News 1 via Nate
1. [+1,155, -59] Their popularity is already so amazing with just the Korean members alone… and it’s not like SM’s been backstabbed one or few times, they should just stop casting foreign members altogether and make it mentally easier for their Korean members;;
2. [+995, -47] Is SM trying out some survival project?
3. [+962, -232] Just leave the group. He can’t even sing, how is that a singer?
4. [+103, -7] SM should stop casting Chinese members. How many times has this been?
5. [+73, -7] If it’s true, SM might as well just kick out all their Chinese members too.
Article: EXO, Tao’s withdrawal? Chinese media reports, “He has already expressed his request to terminate his contract”
Source: Sports Today via Nate
1. [+119, -12] Never in my life did I think I’d be sympathetic with SM. This is hpoeless.
2. [+61, -13] Honestly seems like a sign from heaven to disband EXO ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+52, -13] “But we’ll never forget oppa” – EXO’s stupid fangirls
Article: SM reps, “Tao’s termination request reported by Chinese media is an unfounded rumor”
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+250, -12] So much drama in their 3 years as a group… but all the drama is because of their Chinese members ㅋㅋ I don’t think SM will be casting anymore Chinese members in the future ㅋㅋ Victoria’s so nice if you think about it
2. [+202, -22] Jessica also did not attend fan meetings for “health reasons” and SM also put out articles just a day before Luhan filed his lawsuit that he was “recovering his health” in China.
3. [+144, -59] Tao and Lay both said they aren’t leaving. I wish people would stop making a fuss.
4. [+31, -13] This group is honestly harder to fangirl over than Big Bang ㅋㅋㅋ They’ve been causing more scandals in three years than Big Bang -_- an open car kiss, several leaving, at least Big Bang puts up with Big Bang because they’re talented but EXO’s image is so hopeless because you get treated like some stupid loser the minute you say you’re their fan ㅋㅋㅋ Can’t even say EXO find strength..
5. [+14, -7] Fans are so hopeless;;; they’re going to trust these kids right until the moment they’re stabbed in the back ㅋㅋㅋ Where do they get these types of mentalities? Or are their backs just so numb now from all the stabbing that they don’t care?
1. [+3,697, -172] So please stop putting up Chinese rumors…
2. [+3,117, -156] Chinese rumor mills, please shut up
3. [+2,795, -490] I seriously hope this 10 last forever.
4. [+2,372, -160] Chinese rumor mills are hopeless
5. [+342, -64] Stop messing with our Tao
6. [+298, -33] Wow, SM responded fast. Responded as soon as the articles were up.
7. [+311, -47] Being so harsh to a kid who’s injured and can’t perform. Miss you so much, Tao ㅠㅠ
8. [+266, -31] Please leave the kids alone ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ