SM to open a convenience store called SUM Market next month
SM Entertainment will be launching a new convenience store next month called SUM Market.
The super cute shop, located in its own building, will carry a variety of food, drinks, and souvenirs branded by our favorite K-Pop bands.
From some of the preview images, we can see a variety of soft drinks branded by each of SM’s group, Red Velvet’s own variety of fruit, a variety of nuts branded by TVXQ, Super Junior, and EXO (only boy groups have their own nuts…?), a “Secret Tea Story” book branded by Red Velvet, and more!
We’re sure everything will be super pricey, but it may be a nice little place to shop for SM fans.
SUM Market doesn’t have an exact grand opening date yet, but SM Entertainment says that it will be open very early next month.
We can’t wait to see what they have inside.
There will be lots of collectible EXO goodies in there that I’m sure many of us will be dying to get our hands on. Don’t worry if you aren’t able to visit the SUM Market in South Korea. Online retailers like YesAsia will be offering some of these collectible goodies online soon after the store is launched.
Until then, check out the images below of some of the goodies that they are offering.
Also check out netizens’ reaction to this new store opening, translated by Netizenbuzz:
1. [+454, -8] I want to check the component content of all the products to see if the price tag can be justified
2. [+213, -11] So what??
3. [+104, -3] Just how much more are they trying to rip off these young kids from their lunch money?
4. [+95, -7] Another deliberate tactic of SM sticking their straw into the bank accounts of their fans. Such a lowly tactic.
5. [+83, -4] An EXO convenience store, how daebak. Now their dumb fans can go buy EXO ice cream for $10 a pop.
6. [+65, -3] This is just… wrong. I genuinely hope it fails.
7. [+39, -2] Now all the students are going to break their parents’ backs trying to afford this stuff
8. [+35, -3] Stop stealing lunch money from little kids ㅠ
9. [+33, -2] Shouldn’t parents petition this kind of stuff? I used to be a part of fandom culture in the past too but this feels wrong. They’re clearly ripping kids off, imagine how they must feel having to collect all this stuff now. Can’t be a fan nowadays if you’re poor… gotta help your oppa feel better by buying their stuff even if you don’t have money.
10. [+28, -1] A $1 drink jacked up to $10 for having an EXO sticker on it