It looks like Chrome Entertainment is going back on their word. They told the public that Snakehead will not be following the same cutesy concept as Crayon Pop and that they would be going with a more mature concept.
Now they’re saying that Snakehead will be debuting with a male version of “Bar Bar Bar”, which is not boding well with netizens.
Netizens feel like Chrome Entertainment is just milking “Bar Bar Bar” for all it can. They also feel that it’s insulting that Snakehead is debuting with a recycled song.
While it’s a bit disappointing that Snakehead will be following the same concept as Crayon Pop, let’s hope that Chrome Entertainment actually gives their debut song a unique twist.
Here’s some of the things netizens have been saying about Chrome Entertainment’s decision, translated by NetizenBuzz:
1. [+6,604, -151] Even YG doesn’t milk Gangnam Style, this agency is obsessed with milking Bar Bar Bar ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ How can you debut your own rookie group with a recycled song?
2. [+6,198, -64] I bet those kids thought they were going to debut as charismatic male idols when they were training ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+4,055, -69] All I can do is laugh ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+3,477, -79] Stop milking it ㅡㅡ
5. [+984, -21] I bet those kids are embarrassed to death right now… They look like the types who want to rap with a cool concept like Big Bang but who thought they’d end up singing around in helmets ㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+848, -14] Pop Pop! Snakehead pop! Get set Snakehead go!
7. [+772, -8] I honestly feel bad for them ㅋㅋㅋㅋ They practiced their butts off only to have to debut with a song that their seniors already milked the crap out of ㅋㅋㅋ I wouldn’t want to debut if I were them
8. [+502, -20] Crayon Pop only achieved what they did because they’re girls and the concept looked cute on them, who’d want to see that concept on a group of guys;
Snakehead is set to debut on January 7th. Let’s hope they’re still able to debut with success.