Last month, footage surfaced of a teenage boy beating his girlfriend in an elevator, while she was unconscious.
As if that didn’t enrage netizens enough, his parents gave an interview on his behalf yesterday that was even more infuriating, and also sheds light as to why he is the way he is.
Yesterday, his parents told reporters that they’re the “real” victims of the incident.
“We’re the real victims. B (the victim) has a tendency to make our son angry. I think he beat her because she was acting up. She has quite the temper. We’re actually angry that people think our son is the bad guy for hitting her. It’s true that our son didn’t let her go out in the middle of their fight, but he did not keep her tied up at home or anything.”
The father ended the interview saying,
“A man can do that. He can hit a woman if he’s mad, can’t he?”
Umm.. no. No he can’t.
Why in the world would you think that it’s okay for anyone to hit anyone else just because they’re mad.
This kind of enabling behavior is why your child is as screwed up as he is.
Physical assault is never acceptable behavior.
Netizens couldn’t believe what they heard from the interview.
Here’s what they are saying, translated by Netizenbuzz:
1. [+6,534, -53] The upbringing you get from your parents is so important. That’s why marriage should always be decided after meeting your partner’s parents.
2. [+5,796, -44] As expected, he is the son of his parents after all… tsk tsk. The saying is true, you can’t hide blood.
3. [+5,718, -82] Maybe the mom gets beat at home by the dad too
4. [+298, -4] The interview is so enraging… since they think being hit is okay, why don’t they get hit by me
5. [+280, -6] I wonder if they’d say the same thing if they had a daughter who was beaten and dragged around like this? What a pitiful household! I can only wonder what he learned under them
6. [+265, -13] That b*tch 100% gets beat by her husband at home
7. [+258, -3] I don’t think the parents realize that the son will one day soon beat them too
8. [+255, -3] It’s ridiculous that the father thinks that a man’s temper makes it okay for him to beat anyone. I hope their identities are revealed so no one keeps a relationship with them.
9. [+225, -2] I’m speechless… how can adults say such a thing?
10. [+162, -2] Now I can see why he grew up to be the way he is ^^
11. [+89, -3] Just wait till you’re older, you’ll be beaten by your own son too!! “A man can do that” ㅋㅋ what in the world